Sewer Backups

First Contact

The Blaine Public Works Department asks that any resident experiencing a sewer backup immediately call the Public Works Department so that the sewer main can be checked for blockages.

Please help us by calling the Public Works Department first before calling a plumbing service.

Call us at 763-785-6165 Monday through Friday, 7AM - 3PM.

Outside of regular business hours, please call Anoka County Dispatch at 763-427-1212 and they will get in touch with someone from the Public Works Department immediately.

Tree Roots

If you do hire a plumbing service and they cut roots out of your service, please call us so we can check the main line and remove any roots that may have entered. These roots could cause a backup for you or your neighbors.