- Community Development
- Building Inspection
- Commercial Construction Permits
- Window/Door Replacement
- Step 1 - Review and Prepare
- Step 2 - Create an Account/PRO
- Step 3 - Apply
- Step 4 - Review and Payment
- Step 5 - Schedule an Inspection
Review and Prepare
The following documents need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, all documents need to be in a PDF format.
- Plans and Job Specifications
Are you a new user?
Create an Account
Contractors applying for a permit on behalf of a homeowner must setup a User Account and then a Pro Account.
Homeowners doing your own work may setup a User account only.New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Creating a New User in iMS and iMS Tips
Having trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available:
Already have an account?
Create a PRO Account
A PRO account is for contractors that require any city or state license or registration.
Please note, Architects are able to apply for a permit for new commercial buildings without being a PRO account.
Creating a Pro Account in iMS
Having trouble creating a PRO account? Detail instructions are available:
Once you have gathered or emailed the necessary documents, you are ready to begin the online application process.
Please note the following:
- Once the application is started, the system will not allow you to go back to a previous page, you must continue through the entire application.
- Once you have completed and uploaded all required documents, a review page allows you to go back and edit any part of the application.
- Any question or upload with a red asterisk (*) is required.
Review and Payment
Review time is up to 15 business days.Please note, during the busy construction months and with the online software launch, delays may occur.
After completion of the permit review, an email with permit cost and payment instructions will be sent.
After receipt of payment, a hard copy of the approved plans will be ready for pick up at:Blaine City HallAttn: Building Inspections10801 Town Square Drive NE
- Blaine MN 55449
Inspection scheduling can start.Please note, the approved plans must be on the job site for all inspections.
Schedule an Inspection
- When scheduling inspections, please plan at least three to four business days ahead.
- Please note, during the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
Information needed before calling to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number.
- Address for the job site.
- Inspection type.
- If you are the homeowner, the name of contractor doing the work is needed.
Login to IMS Account and go to your dashboard.
On your Dashboard, go to My Inspections.
- A list of required inspections can be viewed along with the instructions on how to schedule.
- All windows and doors shall be installed per the manufacturer's requirements.
- The manufacturer's installation instructions must be on site for all inspections.
- If you would like to check our website to verify that an inspection has passed.