The city’s sprinkling restrictions are as follows:
- Year-round, odd-even sprinkling days - Residents with an even numbered address can sprinkle on even numbered days. Residents with an odd numbered address can sprinkle on odd numbered days.
- No sprinkling between 10AM and 6PM - From May 15 until September 15 no sprinkling is allowed between 10AM and 6PM. This is the hottest part of the day and most water is lost to evaporation.
- Private wells used for watering.
- City owned athletic fields.
- Hand watering of gardens and trees using a watering can or hose.
- New landscaping or sod, may be watered daily but not between 10AM and 6PM, for a period of 30 days after installation. Please contact Public Works at 763-785-6165 to request a 30 day exemption.
This policy is in place to help limit the impact of heavy water demand periods on the city’s water supply. It is not necessary to water every day to promote a healthy lawn.