18-16: Lever Street Area Reconstructions
- Ball Road from 104th Avenue NE alignment to Lever Street NE
- Lever Street NE from Ball Road NE to North Road NE
- 103rd Lane NE from Lever Street NE to Sunset Avenue NE
- National Street NE from 103rd Lane NE to 105th Lane NE
- 104th Avenue NE from National Street NE to Sunset Avenue NE
- 104th Lane NE from National Street NE to Rockney Street NE
- Rockney Street NE from 104th Avenue NE to 104th Lane NE
- 101st Lane NE from Quito Street NE to Sunset Avenue NE
- Quito Street NE from North Road NE to 101st Lane NE
The project is currently out for bid and bids will be opened on May 14, 2019. The project was awarded to Park Construction at the May 20, 2019 City Council meeting.
Proposed improvements include reclaiming existing bituminous pavement and adding curb and gutter, and additional storm sewer catch basins and piping along 103rd Lane NE, National Street NE, 104th Avenue NE, 104th Lane NE, Rockney Street NE, Quito Street NE, and 101st Lane NE. Lever Street NE improvements will include reclaiming of existing bituminous pavement and curb and gutter replacement as necessary for storm sewer installation, spot curb and gutter replacement, and spot sidewalk replacement in all other locations. Ball Road NE will include reclaiming existing bituminous pavement and adding ribbon curb. All streets listed will have appropriate traffic control signage and appurtenant construction. Improvements to the storm sewer system include replacing the current storm sewer within the streets and adding additional catch basins and pipe (as mentioned above) to better accommodate storm water runoff. Sanitary sewer castings will be replaced and water main gate valves will be adjusted within the roadway improvement area.
The project is broken into two phases:
- Phase 1 consists of Lever Street, 103rd Lane, Quito Street and 101st Lane.
- Phase 2 consists of National Street, 104th Lane, 104th Avenue and Rockney Street
Phase 1 of the project is expected to begin construction on Monday, June 10 with the construction anticipated to last until mid to late August. The general construction process is as follows:
- The existing pavement surface will be ground up into gravel.
- Underground storm sewer utility work will be constructed where planned.
- The gravel road base will be graded and shaped and concrete curb and gutter will be installed or spot replacement will be done where concrete curb and gutter already exists.
- After the concrete curb and gutter has cured, the first layer (base course) of the new bituminous street surface will be paved.
- Final restoration of yards and cleanup will be completed.
- The second layer (wear course) of the bituminous pavement will be paved later in October in conjunction with Phase 2.
Phase 2 is tentatively scheduled to be started in mid August when Phase 1 is wrapping up and be completed in late October. Please note these schedules are subject to change.
It is the goal of the project to keep access available at all times for those residents that take direct access off of the project streets. The road surface will be gravel during most of the project. There may be short term delays for access to or from your driveway or on the road where you may have to wait for the construction equipment to pass by. Please follow the instructions of any flag person that may be present.