18-17: Jefferson Street Area Reconstructions
Project Update - 6/1/2020
All underground utility work has been completed and the base course of pavement has been paved from 104th Court to 112th Avenue.
Boulevard restoration has been completed from 109th Avenue to 112th Avenue. Boulevard restoration from 104th Court to 109th Avenue will begin the week of June 1.
Once all boulevard restoration is complete, the final wear course of pavement will be paved.
The project year breakdown is as follows: 2019-Construct Jefferson Street from 112th Avenue to 119th Avenue. 2020-Construct Jefferson Street and 104th Court from 104th Court to 112th Avenue.
The project will fully reconstruct Jefferson Street with new pavement and concrete curb and gutter and additional storm sewer infrastructure at select locations. Watermain work will be generally limited to hydrant replacements, curb stop repairs and replacement of select watermain valves. No sanitary sewer work is anticipated. The street will remain the same width and configuration as it currently is. The general construction process is as follows:
- The existing pavement surface will be ground up into gravel and existing curb and gutter (if present) will be removed. Spot sections of damaged or settled sidewalk will be removed.
- Underground utility work will be constructed where planned.
- The gavel road base will be graded and shaped and new concrete curb and gutter will be poured along with replacement of removed sidewalk sections.
- After the concrete curb and gutter has cured, the first layer (base course) of the new bituminous street surface will be paved.
- The second layer (wear course) of the bituminous pavement will be paved.
- Boulevards will be restored and sodded.
Feasibility Report Opens a New Window. (includes estimated assessments)Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.