18-18: Clover Leaf Parkway Area Reconstructions
Project Update - 11/7/19
- This part of the project is complete.
Clover Leaf Parkway
- The final bituminous paving was completed November 1.
- The pavement markings between Lincoln Street and Polk Street will be completed in the spring.
- Street and traffic signs are currently being placed.
- Restoration of boulevards will be completed November 12-15. Sod in existing irrigation areas will be completed in spring.
- Damaged irrigation has been capped off for the winter and will be repaired in the spring.
Phase 1 of the project consists of reconstructing 93rd Lane NE from Highway 65 to Isanti Street NE. Phase 1 of the project expected to begin construction on Friday, June 28 with the construction anticipated to last until mid-August. Phase 2 (Clover Leaf Parkway NE from Highway 65 to Polk Street NE) is tentatively scheduled to be started at the end of July and completed in November. Please note these schedules are subject to change.
The general construction process is as follows:
- The existing pavement surface will be ground up into gravel.
- Underground storm sewer utility work will be constructed where planned.
- The gavel road base will be graded and shaped and concrete curb and gutter will be removed and replaced where concrete curb and gutter already exists (Clover Leaf Parkway NE and 93rd Lane NE from Highway 65 to Baltimore Street NE).
- After the concrete curb and gutter has cured, the first layer (base course) of the new bituminous street surface will be paved.
- The second layer (wear course) of the bituminous pavement will be paved.
It is the goal of the project to keep access available at all times for those residents and businesses that take direct access off of the project streets but the road surface will be gravel during most of the project. 93rd Lane NE from Highway 65 to Baltimore Street will require a complete closure to traffic for approximately three weeks so crews can safely construct the road and install the concrete curb and medians. There may be short term delays for access to or from your driveway or on the road where you may have to wait for the construction equipment to pass by. Detours for the road closure will be marked and please follow the instructions of any flag person that may be present.
The proposed project will reconstruct Clover Leaf Parkway from 99th Avenue NE to Trunk Highway 65, 93rd Avenue NE from Trunk Highway 65 to Isanti Street NE and Lincoln Street NE and Ulysses Street NE within Aquatore Park.