18-18: Clover Leaf Parkway Area Reconstructions
Project Update - 10/11/19
- Pavement markings will be placed in mid-October.
Clover Leaf Parkway
- The remainder of curb and gutter and sidewalk will be poured Monday, October 14 and Tuesday, October 15 (weather permitting).
- The final layer of bituminous pavement on Cloverleaf Parkway, Lincoln Street and Central Avenue is scheduled to be paved on Thursday, October 17 and Friday, October 18 (weather permitting).
- Restoration of boulevards will occur after the first layer of bituminous has been paved.
- The final layer of bituminous is tentatively scheduled to be paved the week of October 28.
Clover Leaf Parkway Closure from Ulysses Street to Highway 65
A road closure will be in place October 21 - November 1 between Ulysses Street and Highway 65 to complete the remaining curb and gutter, and bituminous in this area.
This road closure is tentatively scheduled to be for two weeks. Please note this schedule is weather dependent and subject to change.
Phase 1 of the project consists of reconstructing 93rd Lane NE from Highway 65 to Isanti Street NE. Phase 1 of the project expected to begin construction on Friday, June 28 with the construction anticipated to last until mid-August. Phase 2 (Clover Leaf Parkway NE from Highway 65 to Polk Street NE) is tentatively scheduled to be started at the end of July and completed in late October. Please note these schedules are subject to change.
The general construction process is as follows:
- The existing pavement surface will be ground up into gravel.
- Underground storm sewer utility work will be constructed where planned.
- The gavel road base will be graded and shaped and concrete curb and gutter will be removed and replaced where concrete curb and gutter already exists (Clover Leaf Parkway NE and 93rd Lane NE from Highway 65 to Baltimore Street NE).
- After the concrete curb and gutter has cured, the first layer (base course) of the new bituminous street surface will be paved.
- The second layer (wear course) of the bituminous pavement will be paved.