18-18: Clover Leaf Parkway Area Reconstructions
Project Update - 4/1/2020
93rd Lane from Isanti Street to Baltimore street was completed in the fall of 2019.
Clover Leaf Parkway from Trunk Highway 65 to Polk Street was completed in the fall of 2019. There are a few remaining items to complete in the spring of 2020 such as pavement markings, irrigation system repairs and turf establishment.
Clover Leaf Parkway from Polk Street to 99th Avenue is scheduled to be reconstructed in the spring/summer of 2020. This portion of the project was recently awarded to Bituminous Roadways. Staff will be discussing a project schedule with the contractor and once that is determined, an informational notice will be mailed to all residents/properties along the project corridor. The project is planned to be broken into two phases; 99th Avenue to Monroe Street and Monroe Street to Polk Street. The contractor can only work on one phase at a time and must get pavement placed before proceeding to the next phase. This will help to shorten the time the road will be under construction in front of any given property. The contractor will have 42 calendar days from the time they remove the existing pavement until new pavement must be installed.
Phase 1 of the project consisted of reconstructing 93rd Lane from Trunk Highway 65 to Isanti Street, Clover Leaf Parkway from Highway 65 to Polk Street and Lincoln Street and Ulysses Street in Aquatore Park. Phase 1 was completed in the fall of 2019.Phase 2 of the project will occur in the spring and summer of 2020 and will consist of reconstructing Clover Leaf Parkway from Polk Street to 99th Avenue
The general construction process is as follows:
- The existing pavement surface will be ground up into gravel.
- Underground storm sewer utility work will be constructed where planned.
- The gavel road base will be graded and shaped and concrete curb and gutter will be removed and replaced where concrete curb and gutter already exists (Clover Leaf Parkway NE and 93rd Lane NE from Highway 65 to Baltimore Street NE).
- After the concrete curb and gutter has cured, the first layer (base course) of the new bituminous street surface will be paved.
- The second layer (wear course) of the bituminous pavement will be paved.
The proposed project will reconstruct Clover Leaf Parkway from 99th Avenue NE to Trunk Highway 65, 93rd Avenue NE from Trunk Highway 65 to Isanti Street NE and Lincoln Street NE and Ulysses Street NE within Aquatore Park.
Feasibility Report (PDF) Opens a New Window. (includes estimated assessments)fdfOpens a New Window.