18-18: Clover Leaf Parkway Area Reconstructions
Project Update - 7/8/2020
The contractor is currently working on Part 1 of the project (99th Avenue to Monroe Street). All underground utility work and pavement and curb removals have been completed. Curb and gutter was installed the week of July 6. Paving of the first lift of bituminous pavement is tentatively scheduled for the week of July 13.
Part 2 of the project (Monroe Street to Polk Street) is anticipated to begin in late July.
Phase 1 of the project consisted of reconstructing 93rd Lane from Trunk Highway 65 to Isanti Street, Clover Leaf Parkway from Highway 65 to Polk Street and Lincoln Street and Ulysses Street in Aquatore Park. Phase 1 was completed in the fall of 2019.Phase 2 of the project will occur in the spring and summer of 2020 and will consist of reconstructing Clover Leaf Parkway from Polk Street to 99th Avenue
The general construction process is as follows:
- The existing pavement surface will be ground up into gravel.
- Underground storm sewer utility work will be constructed where planned.
- The gavel road base will be graded and shaped and concrete curb and gutter will be removed and replaced where concrete curb and gutter already exists (Clover Leaf Parkway NE and 93rd Lane NE from Highway 65 to Baltimore Street NE).
- After the concrete curb and gutter has cured, the first layer (base course) of the new bituminous street surface will be paved.
- The second layer (wear course) of the bituminous pavement will be paved.
The proposed project will reconstruct Clover Leaf Parkway from 99th Avenue NE to Trunk Highway 65, 93rd Avenue NE from Trunk Highway 65 to Isanti Street NE and Lincoln Street NE and Ulysses Street NE within Aquatore Park.
Feasibility Report (PDF) Opens a New Window. (includes estimated assessments)fdfOpens a New Window.