9/16/2019 - Certify proposed general fund budget and tax levy for fiscal year 2020. Opens a New Window.
9 Opens a New Window. 9/30/2019 - Deadline for certification of 2020 tax levy with Anoka County for Truth in Taxation purposes.
11/10-25/2019 - Truth in Taxation statements will be delivered to property owners. This is the statement of your estimated taxes owed in 2020. Your tax estimate is based on your assessed property value and the tax levies (imposed) by the City of Blaine, Anoka County, and other taxing jurisdictions.
12/9/2019 - The Truth in Taxation hearing Opens a New Window. will be held in the Council Chambers at Blaine City Hall. A presentation will be made by finance staff, and public comment will be heard.
12/16/2019 - The final general fund budget Opens a New Window. and tax levy for 2020 will be approved by the Blaine City Council.
If you would like more information on the city budget please contact Blaine Finance Director Joe Huss at 763-717-2677 or email@example.com.
2020 Preliminary General Fund Budget Breakdown
The general fund supports the daily operation of city departments.
- Taxes: $25,900,000
- Licenses and Permits: $2,394,000
- Intergovernmental Revenues: $1,505,500
- Charges for Services: $4,532,100
- Fines and Forfeits: $245,500
- Investment Earnings: $128,000
- Miscellaneous: $105,500
Total General Fund Revenues: $34,895,600
- City Council: $113,910
- Commissions and Committees: $30,200
- Legal: $310,000
- Total Legislative: $454,110
- Office of the City Manager: $637,310
- Office of the City Clerk: $603,580
- Human Resources: $686,980
- Communications: $451,655
- Total Administration: $2,379,525
- Finance Department: $1,937,710
- Information Services: $901,180
- Total Finance: $2,838,890
- Safety Services:
- Safety Services Administration: $1,201,110
- Emergency Preparedness: $300,000
- Administrative Services: $890,400
- Police Patrol: $6,700,290
- Special Operations: $2,144,890
- Police Records: $885,640
- Community Outreach: $253,890
- Community Services: $589,930
- Fire Services: $2,207,550
- Community Standards: $1,263,350
- Total Safety Services: $16,437,050
- Public Works:
- Public Works: $7,004,750
- Engineering: $1,194,800
- Total Public Works: $8,199,550
- Public Services:
- Public Services Management: $184,480
- Geographical Information Services: $277,020
- Recreation: $1,233,145
- Total Public Services: $ 1,694,645
- Community Development:
- Planning: $602,450
- Building Inspections: $1,601,610
- Total Community Development: $ 2,204,060
- Total Unallocated Services: $ 435,000