18-17: 105th Avenue Reconstruction and 115th Avenue Street Rehabilitation
Project Update - 8/14/2020
CenterPoint Energy has completed the installation of a new gas main which was holding up work on the project. The contractor is working on boulevard restoration, including laying sod and repairing damaged irrigation systems. Once all boulevard restoration is complete, the contractor will schedule a date for the final layer of pavement to be paved.
The contractor is working on completing all spot removal and replacement of curb and gutter and underground utility work. During the week of of August 17, the contractor will prepare and shape the road base for paving. Paving the first layer of pavement is scheduled for the week of August 24.
- 105th Avenue from Jefferson Street to University Avenue
- 115th Avenue from Jefferson Street to Tyler Street
- Quincy Street from 113th Avenue to 115th Avenue
- Tyler Street from 113th Avenue to 115th Lane
- Van Buren Court from 115th Avenue to cul-de-sac
The project will fully reconstruct 105th Avenue. The work will generally consist of grinding up the existing bituminous pavement into gravel, installing additional storm sewer, hydrant replacements, installing new concrete curb and gutter, and paving a new bituminous road surface.
The project will reconstruct 115th Avenue, Quincy Street, Tyler Street and Van Buren Court. The work will generally consist of grinding up the existing bituminous pavement into gravel, installation of additional storm sewer, minor watermain valve repairs, spot replacement of existing damaged curb and gutter, and paving a new bituminous road surface.
All of the streets will remain the same width and configuration as the currently are. The general construction process is as follows:
- The existing pavement surface will be ground up into gravel and existing curb and gutter (if present) will be removed. Spot sections of damaged concrete curb and gutter will be removed (if present).
- Underground utility work will be constructed where planned.
- The gavel road base will be graded and shaped and new concrete curb and gutter will be installed along the entire road (105th Avenue) or where removed for spot replacement (115th Avenue, Quincy Street, Taylor Street, Van Buren Court).
- After the concrete curb and gutter has cured, the first layer (base course) of the new bituminous street surface will be paved.