18-17 (2020): 105th Avenue Reconstruction
Project Update - 6/1/2020
105th Avenue Reconstruction – Area 1
The contractor continues to work on replacing existing water main valves and storm sewer installation. Once the underground utility work is complete, concrete curb and gutter installation will then begin. During curb and gutter installation, residents who have driveways directly off of Clover Leaf Parkway will not have access to their driveways for approximately 5 days while the curb and gutter and aprons cure. Residents will be notified prior to this work and information on parking will be included with this notification.
115th Avenue Area Street Rehabilitations – Area 2
The work on the streets in the 115th Avenue area is tentatively scheduled to begin in early July.
- 105th Avenue from Jefferson Street to University Avenue
- 115th Avenue from Jefferson Street to Tyler Street
- Quincy Street from 113th Avenue to 115th Avenue
- Tyler Street from 113th Avenue to 115th Lane
- Van Buren Court from 115th Avenue to cul-de-sac
The project will fully reconstruct 105th Avenue. The work will generally consist of grinding up the existing bituminous pavement into gravel, installing additional storm sewer, hydrant replacements, installing new concrete curb and gutter, and paving a new bituminous road surface.
The project will reconstruct 115th Avenue, Quincy Street, Tyler Street and Van Buren Court. The work will generally consist of grinding up the existing bituminous pavement into gravel, installation of additional storm sewer, minor watermain valve repairs, spot replacement of existing damaged curb and gutter, and paving a new bituminous road surface.
All of the streets will remain the same width and configuration as the currently are. The general construction process is as follows:
- The existing pavement surface will be ground up into gravel and existing curb and gutter (if present) will be removed. Spot sections of damaged concrete curb and gutter will be removed (if present).
- Underground utility work will be constructed where planned.
- The gavel road base will be graded and shaped and new concrete curb and gutter will be installed along the entire road (105th Avenue) or where removed for spot replacement (115th Avenue, Quincy Street, Taylor Street, Van Buren Court).
- After the concrete curb and gutter has cured, the first layer (base course) of the new bituminous street surface will be paved.