- Administrative Services
- City Clerk
- Business Licensing
- Solicitor/Peddler/Transient Merchant License
Solicitor/Peddler/Transient Merchant License
Peddler/Solicitor/Transient Merchant licenses are required for any person who goes house-to-house, door-to-door, business-to-business, street-to-street to the purpose of offering for sale, display for sale, selling or attempting to sell goods, wares, products, or merchandise.
City ordinance requires solicitors, peddlers, and transient merchants be licensed in the City of Blaine.
Important changes to the Solicitor/Peddler Application process:
- Only one application per business should be filled out.
- The business or on-site supervisor must fill out the application, pay license fee and pay the $35 background fee for all persons going door to door for the company before the application can be submitted.
- Registered persons (solicitors) working for the company do not fill out their own application.
As always, soliciting is not allowed until a business is licensed, and each individual has an ID badge from the City. All solicitors must have their badge with them and be visible while going door to door.
Review and Prepare
The following documents need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, documents need to be in a PDF format.
- Background Investigation Release Form (PDF)
- Driver's License
(color copy front only)
- Each person that will be going door to door, including the applicant must upload the forms above.
- Scan the background and license copies for one person together.
- If you have multiple solicitors, please scan in order (i.e. Solicitor #1 background and license, Solicitor #2 background and license, etc.)
- Do not group all backgrounds together followed by all license copies.
Fees are payable online during the application process, please have payment information ready.
- Solicitor/Peddler/Transient Merchant Application Fees
- 12 Month License Fee - $600 (Jan-Dec)
- 6 Month License Fee - $300 (Jan-June)
- 6 Month License Fee - $300 (July-Dec)
- Background Investigation Fee = $35/person
Create an Account
Are you a new user?
If no, continue to step 3.
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.Having trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, iMS account creation information.
Once you have gathered the necessary documents above and have created an account, you are ready to begin the online application process.
Please note the following:
- Once the application is started, the system will not allow you to go back to a previous page, you must continue through the entire application.
- Once you have completed and uploaded all required documents, a review page allows you to go back and edit any part of the application.
- Any question or upload with a red asterisk (*) is required.
Review and Payment Process
- Solicitor/Peddler/Transient Merchant Application Fees:
- 12 Month License - $600 (Jan-Dec)
- 6 Month License - $300 (Jan-July)
- 6 Month License - $300 (July-Dec)
- Background Investigation Fee - $35/person (non-refundable)
- Fees are payable online during the application process, please have payment information ready.
- Application Review Period - 30 business days