- Step 1 - Review and Prepare
- Step 2 - Create an Account
- Step 3 - Apply
- Step 4 - Review and Payment
- Step 5 - Schedule an Inspection
Review and Prepare
Please review the information packets:
- Fences Handout (PDF)
- Please note, fences of 7 feet require a Conditional Use Permit from the Planning Department.
The following documents need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, all documents need to be in a PDF format.
Are you a new user?If no, continue to step 3.
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Having trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, IMS account creation information.
- When scheduling inspections, please plan at least three to four business days ahead.
- Please note, during the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
Information needed before calling to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number.
- Address for the job site.
- Inspection type.
- If you are the homeowner, the name of contractor doing the work is needed.
- Login to IMS Account and go to your dashboard.
- On your Dashboard, go to My Inspections.
- A list of required inspections can be viewed along with the instructions on how to schedule.
- Fences over 7 feet in height require a Conditional Use Permit before applying for a permit.
- You must find and expose your property markers before submitting for a permit.
- It is the homeowners responsibility to verify compliance with neighborhood requirements prior to constructing your fence.