Planning and Zoning
The Planning Department oversees all land development within the City of Blaine. Staff prepares and implements the Comprehensive Municipal Plan which guides:
- Land use
- Sewer extension
- Community facility improvements or anticipated changes
Planning staff prepare reports and make recommendations to the Blaine Planning Commission and the Blaine City Council for decisions regarding land development within the city.
Staff is available to answer questions on past, current, and future for the following:
- Building code changes
- Home occupations
- Business signage
- Variances to the codes
10801 Town Square Drive NE
Blaine, MN 55449
10801 Town Square Drive NE Blaine MN 55449
Monday - Friday
8AM - 4:30PM
- How do I subdivide my property?
- Can I have a bigger garage or shed on my property?
- How do I apply for a conditional use permit?
- Can I get a variance?
- How do I apply for a variance?
- How do I apply for a rezoning and/or a comprehensive land use amendment?
- What are the setbacks for my property?
- What is site plan approval and how do I apply for this?
- Can I have a home occupation?
- When are Planning Commission and City Council meetings held?
- How can I find out what new residential and commercial/industrial developments are occurring within the City?
- Does the City have a list of local contractors or surveyors available?
- Does the City have a list of all homeowners associations in the City?
- Does the City have a list of all senior housing developments in the City?
- Does the City have a list of all apartment rental housing available within the City?
- Does the City have any financial assistance available for starting a new business?