Contractor Licensing and Registration


If a contractor is doing residential home improvement projects they would need to be licensed by the state for such projects as Roofing, Siding, Window Replacement, Decks, Sheds, Basement finish, Plumbing, Additions, Garages, Porches, Damage repair and Remodeling.  See the License Requirements document for more detail.

A contractor would need to be city licensed to do furnace replacement, ductwork, air conditioner replacement, gas fireplace installation, boiler installation, garage heaters and sewer and water work.


Contractors doing commercial work will need a City License. See the License Requirement Document below for more detail.

License Submittal

  • In person at the counter between 8AM - 4:30PM.
  • By fax 763-785-6111.
  • By email. We are unable to take Credit Card Authorizations by email. Please fax, mail, or come in person for Credit Card payments.
  • By mail:
    Attn:  Building Inspections
    City of Blaine
    10801 Town Square Drive NE
    Blaine, MN  55449

General Information

  • We have notaries on staff.