Requirements for Permit Application Submittal
- New Home Application (PDF)
- Two Copies of the Building Plan.
- Two Copies of the Certificate of Survey (To Scale).
- Completed Sub-Contractor List.
- Completed Energy Code Compliance Certificate.
- U-Factors of each window & door included on plan (specific to each location.
- STC ratings of each window & door included (If development requires this).
- Radon mitigation design & materials shown on plans.
- Braced wall panel details and methods for the entire structure provided on plans, including sheathing type, fastening method, and specific locations of bracing units.
- Site or model specific structural engineer's design for cantilevered sill plates.
- Note on plan of water proofing, or exact type of full-width closed-cell material, being applied between the sill plate and the top of the foundation wall.
Fee & Permit ProcessThe fee for a new home permit is valuation based see the fee schedule.
- Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Review time is 5-10 business days. If everything is correct.
- Once your plan has been reviewed you will be contacted to come pickup and pay for your permit.
- When your permit has been paid for and you have the approved plans, you may start your work and schedule inspections.
- When scheduling Inspections please plan at least 2 business day out. During the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
- This is an all-inclusive permit. Building, Utility-Sewer & Water, Mechanical and Plumbing Permits are all included in this one permit. Electrical is by a separate permit through the State of MN.
- All sub-contractors must be licensed before the permit can be issued.
- If there are trees on the lot a Forestry Evaluation must be submitted with the plan. Tree fence and site inspection are required prior to issuance of building permit. Call or Email CITY FORESTER – 763-717-2660 firstname.lastname@example.org for inspection. (Inspection requires 48-hour notice.) Tree Preservation Sign and tree preservation fence are required on-site. -The Forestry Evaluation is required if there are clumps of trees or trees 8” in diameter or larger within fifty feet of all construction activity (such as house pad, driveway, septic system, or storage area of building materials). Refer to the Tree Preservation handout for more information.