- Step 1 - Review and Prepare
- Step 2 - Create an Account
- Step 3 - Apply
- Step 4 - Review and Payment
- Step 5 - Schedule an Inspection
Review and Prepare
Please review the following information packets:
- Emergency Escape Rescue Opening Egress Handout (PDF)
- Residential Safety Glazing (PDF)
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms (PDF)
- Window Replacement Handout (PDF)
The following documents and information need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, all documents need to be in a PDF format.
- Detailed Plans
- Framing and Header Detail
Egress Window Installation
Please Note:Contractors applying for permits on behalf of a homeowner must setupan iMS Account and a Pro Accountbefore continuing with the permit process.
Are you a new user?
If no, continue to step 3.
Please note, homeowner's
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Having trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, iMS account creation information.
Already have an account?
Create a PRO Account
A PRO account is for contractors that require any city or state license or registration.
Please note, Architects are able to apply for a permit for new commercial buildings without being a PRO account.
Having trouble creating a PRO account? Detail instructions are available:
Schedule an Inspection
When scheduling inspections, please plan at least three to four business days ahead.
Please note, during the busy construction months, longer delays may occur.
- Information needed before calling to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number.
- Address for the job site.
- Inspection type.
- If you are a homeowner,need the name of the contractor doing the work.
- Call Building Inspections at 612-422-3285 to schedule.
Roofing and Siding
- Ice and Water pictures for roofing and weather barrier pictures for siding need to be submitted to InspectPix@BlaineMN.gov.
- After roofing pictures are received, Building Inspections will automatically schedule a final roof inspection.
- An email email stating receipt of pictures and pending inspection will be sent.
- The inspector will sign-off the inspection card and leave the card at the job site.
- All windows and doors shall be installed per the manufacturer's requirements.
- The manufacturer's installation instructions must be on site for all inspections.
- Information on permits and inspections by property.
- Full frame replacement permit applicants will be required to submit pictures to the email address on the permit showing flashing, sealing, and insulation.
- Egress window replacements include a framing inspection.
- At the final inspection, the inspector will check to make sure smoke detector and carbon monoxide updates have been completed.