Any partition, structure, wall, or gate erected as a divider marker, barrier, or enclosure and located along the boundary or within the required yard. For the purpose of this section, a fence shall not include naturally growing shrubs, trees or other foliage.
A boundary fence is any fence parallel to the property line.
A privacy fence is any fence used for screening of outdoor living areas and for enclosures where restricted visibility or protection are desired.
- Step 1 - Review and Prepare
- Step 2 - Create an Account
- Step 3 - Apply
- Step 4 - Review and Payment
- Step 5 - Schedule an Inspection
Review and Prepare
Locate Your Property Stakes
How to Locate Your Property Markers
Please review the information packets:
Information and Documents Needed
to Submit a Permit
The following documents need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, all documents need to be in a PDF format.
- Site Survey
Showing location of proposed fence along with the height on the site survey.
- Conditional Use Permit (fences 7 feet and over)
- Conditional Use Permit
For the most current fees related to your project, view the Fee Schedule (PDF).
To schedule an inspection follow the directions in Step 5 Schedule an Inspection.
Allow 3 to 4 business days for scheduling inspections and during the busy construction time please allow more time.
Please Note:Contractors applying for permits on behalf of a homeowner must setupan iMS Account and a Pro Accountbefore continuing with the permit process.
Are you a new user?
If no, continue to step 3 on the left.
If yes, create an account.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Creating a New User in iMS and iMS TipsHaving trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, iMS account creation information.
Already have an account?
Create a PRO Account
A PRO account is for contractors that require any city or state license or registration.
Please note, Architects are able to apply for a permit for new commercial buildings without being a PRO account.
Creating a Pro Account in iMS
Having trouble creating a PRO account? Detail instructions are available:
Fences Over 7 Feet in Height
Fences Up to 7 Feet in Height
How to Submit a Residential Building Application in iMS
- When scheduling inspections, please plan at least three to four business days ahead.
- Please note, during the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
Information needed before calling to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number.
- Address for the job site.
- Inspection type.
- If you are the homeowner, the name of contractor doing the work is needed.
Login to IMS Account and go to your dashboard.
On your Dashboard, go to My Inspections.
- A list of required inspections can be viewed along with the instructions on how to schedule.
- It is the homeowner’s responsibility to verify compliance with the homeowner’s association requirements prior to construction the fence.
- See Fence Information Packet for height limitations. Some residential developments have additional requirements regarding locations and materials of fences or may prohibit fences entirely.