Report a Motor Vehicle Accident

Who To Contact

If you have been in an accident and need police assistance, dial 911.

Police do not need to be contacted for minor property damage accidents, less than $1,000 damage.

State of Minnesota law requires drivers involved in a motor vehicle accident must exchange information, including insurance information. MN State Statute 169.09.

Obtaining a Vehicle Crash Report

The Blaine Police Department files the majority of accident reports with the State of Minnesota. To obtain a copy of an accident report written by a Blaine Police officer, contact MN Driver and Vehicle Services at or for questions, call 651-296-2940.

If the accident occurred in a parking lot/private property, a copy of the incident report can obtained at the Blaine Police Department.