- Step 1 - Review and Prepare
- Step 2 - Create an Account
- Step 3 - Apply
- Step 4 - Review and Payment
- Step 5 - Schedule an Inspection
Review and Prepare
Building permits are required for replacing fixtures, water heater, dishwasher, and lawn irrigation to name a few.
Information and Documents Needed
to Submit a Permit
- No documentation is needed for a residential plumbing permit.
For the most current fees related to your project, view the Fee Schedule (PDF).
Inspections typically include the following, but depending on your project, inspections may be added or removed.
- Plumbing RI & Plumbing Final
To schedule an inspection follow the directions in Step 5 Schedule an Inspection.
Allow 3 to 4 business days for scheduling inspections and during the busy construction time please allow more time.
Create an Account
Please Note:Contractors applying for permits on behalf of a homeowner must setupan iMS Account and a Pro Accountbefore continuing with the permit process.
Are you a new user?
If no, continue to step 3 on the left.
If yes, create an account.
Contractors applying for a permit on behalf of a homeowner must setup a User Account and then a Pro Account.
Homeowners doing your own work may setup a User account only.
New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Creating a New User in iMS and iMS TipsHaving trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available here, iMS account creation information.
Already have an account?
Create a PRO Account
A PRO account is for contractors that require any city or state license or registration.
Please note, Architects are able to apply for a permit for new commercial buildings without being a PRO account.
Creating a Pro Account in iMS
Having trouble creating a PRO account? Detail instructions are available:
Once you have gathered or emailed the necessary documents, you are ready to begin the online application process.
Please note the following:
- Once the application is started, the system will not allow you to go back to a previous page, you must continue through the entire application.
- Once you have completed and uploaded all required documents, a review page allows you to go back and edit any part of the application.
- Any question or upload with a red asterisk (*) is required.
Review and Payment
Review time is up to 15 business days.Please note, during the busy construction months and with the online software launch, delays may occur.
After completion of the permit review, an email with permit cost and payment instructions will be sent.
- After receipt of payment, plans will be emailed, and work and inspection scheduling can start.
Schedule an Inspection
- When scheduling inspections, please plan at least three to four business days ahead.
- Please note, during the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
Information needed before calling to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number.
- Address for the job site.
- Inspection type.
- If you are the homeowner, the name of contractor doing the work is needed.
Login to IMS Account and go to your dashboard.
On your Dashboard, go to My Inspections.
- A list of required inspections can be viewed along with the instructions on how to schedule.
- If the homeowner is hiring a contractor, the contractor must pull the permit.
- A permit is required for lawn irrigation. The person or plumber installing the backflow valve will need to pull the permit.