Utilities - Sewer and Water Permits

Requirements for Permit Application Submittal

  • Application (PDF)
  • 2 sets of complete working utility plans and specifications.
  • SAC determination required if this is for hooking up to City Sewer and Water.  Metropolitan Council 651-602-1421.
  • Right of Way permit if work is being done in Right of Way.

How to Submit a Permit Application and Required Information

  1. Permit and Plan Submittal Preferred Method

    Important: Plans must be submitted in the actual size they were drawn. Do not reduce the size of your drawings.

    Plans Larger than 11 x 17

    1. Please email Adeana Anderson at aanderson@blainemn.gov for a dropbox link to submit the application, job specifications, architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, civil/utilities plans, soils reports, and energy heat loss.

    2. In addition, please mail or drop off (at Blaine City Hall main entryway), 2 complete paper copy sets to:

      Attn: Building Inspections
      City of Blaine
      10801 Town Square Drive NE
      Blaine, MN  55449

    Plans 11 x 17 or Smaller

    Email plans and documents to plans@blainemn.gov.

Fee & Permit Process

See fee schedule for permit fee.
  • View the Fee Schedule (PDF)
  • Once your permit has been reviewed you will be contacted to come pickup and pay for your permit.
  • When your permit has been paid for and you have the approved plans, you may start work and schedule inspections.

General Information

  • Typical minimum domestic line size is 2" and must be a separate tap off the city main.
  • Property will be checked for special assessments.

Related Documents