- Step 1 Review and Prepare
- Step 2 - Create an Account/PRO
- Step 3 - Apply
- Step 4 - Review and Payment
- Step 5 - Schedule an Inspection
The following documents need to be available for upload during the online application process. Please note, all documents need to be in a PDF format.
- Plans and Job Specifications
Along with uploading PDFs of plans and required submittals, two (2) full-size hard copies of all submittals is also required prior to plan review.
- Civil/Utilities Plans
Along with the PDF upload of civil/utilities plans, one (1) additional hard copy set is required when there is underground utility work prior to plan review.
- SAC Determination Form
This is to be turned into the Metropolitan Council 651-602-1421 (Required prior to issuance of permit).
- Sub-Contractor Contact List
Required to be completed on the online application prior to permit issuance.
Hard Copy Delivery
Deliver/mail hard copies of plans and other submittals to:
Blaine City Hall
Attn: Building Inspections10801 Town Square Drive NEBlaine MN 55449
Please include a cover sheet with the following information:
Please note that any additional submittals of revisions must be by both hard copy and PDF upload into the IMS permit.
- Permit Number (B20-00xx)
- Project Address (if known)
- Contact Information
- Plans and Job Specifications
Are you a new user?
Create an Account
Contractors applying for a permit on behalf of a homeowner must setup a User Account and then a Pro Account.
Homeowners doing your own work may setup a User account only.New users to the system need to create an account. Please select create an account.
Creating a New User in iMS and iMS Tips
Having trouble creating an account? Detail instructions are available:
Already have an account?
Create a PRO Account
A PRO account is for contractors that require any city or state license or registration.
Please note, Architects are able to apply for a permit for new commercial buildings without being a PRO account.
Creating a Pro Account in iMS
Having trouble creating a PRO account? Detail instructions are available:
- When scheduling inspections, please plan at least three to four business days ahead.
- Please note, during the busy construction months longer delays may occur.
Information needed before calling to schedule an inspection:
- Permit number.
- Address for the job site.
- Inspection type.
- If you are the homeowner, the name of contractor doing the work is needed.
Login to IMS Account and go to your dashboard.
On your Dashboard, go to My Inspections.
- A list of required inspections can be viewed along with the instructions on how to schedule.
Fee & Permit Process
- Permit fee is 3% of job valuation-Minimum fee is $60.00 plus state surcharge of .0005 of the job valuation-Minimum state surcharge fee is .50 cents.
- View the Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Once your permit has been reviewed you will be contacted to come pickup and pay for your permit.
- When your permit has been paid for and you have the approved plans, you may start work and schedule inspections.
- The mechanical permit will not be issued until the building permit has been issued.