Thank you to everyone who shared valuable feedback about the current transportation conditions along University and Central Avenues (Hwy 47 and Hwy 65). Many Blaine residents provided insight during the July 2022 engagement activities by showing up at in-person meetings, attending virtual events, and completing surveys on how the roads could work better.
Now the MnDOT study team is using that information, along with traffic data, to develop alternative concepts for the roads and intersections to better meet the community’s needs.
The new concepts will be ready for public review in March 2023. Residents can learn more and provide additional feedback and comments in any of three ways:
1. Attend an in-person meeting
- Thursday, March 16, 4 to 7PM Northeast Recreation Center 1530 Johnson Street NE, Minneapolis, MN
- Thursday, March 23, 4 to 7PM Fridley City Hall 7071 University Ave NE, Fridley, MN
2. Join an Online Meeting
- Tuesday, March 21, 11:30AM to 1PM
3. Complete a Survey
- A survey will be posted on the project website in March.
Visit and bookmark the study website at talk.dot.state.mn.us/hwy-47-hwy-65-study Click “subscribe” and you will never miss a project update. Please note this is a different project than the main Highway 65 project the City has been working on for the last several years.