Conducting City BusinessThe police department is continuing to respond to calls for service. In an emergency always call 911. If you need to speak with an officer in a non-emergency situation call 763-427-1212. If your needs are administrative in nature such as gun permits or data requests, call 763-785-6168 or email BPDRec@BlaineMN.gov.
Blaine City Hall is Open by Appointment Only
Most city business can still be conducted remotely by contacting staff by email or phone. You can find contact information at BlaineMN.gov/Directory. Have other concerns that would be better addressed in person? Blaine City Hall is now open by appointment only.
Police is available for in-person appointments for:
Please remember that everyone visiting city hall must wear a face mask before entering city hall and at all times while in the building. If you do not have a face mask, the city will provide a disposable one to you.
- Alarm Permit Purchase
- Dog License Purchase
- Evidence Release
- Gun Permits
- Predatory Offender Registration
The Police Department provides law enforcement and public safety services for the benefit of the community. Primary activity examples include:
- Enforcement of state and city laws.
- Investigation and documentation of complaints related to petty misdemeanors, gross misdemeanors, or felonies.
- Preventative patrol.
- Protection of people and property from criminal activity.
- Traffic control and investigation of traffic accidents.
- Administration of crime prevention program.
- Natural disasters.
- Aid to other departments.
- House checks.
- Accidents of all types.
- Medical assistance.
- Park checks.
- Service or aid to the public.
The department maintains a close liaison with other law enforcement agencies throughout the State of Minnesota, Anoka County, and neighboring communities.