Conducting City BusinessThe police department is continuing to respond to calls for service. In an emergency always call 911. If you need to speak with an officer in a non-emergency situation call 763-427-1212. If your needs are administrative in nature such as gun permits or data requests, call 763-785-6168 or email BPDRec@BlaineMN.gov.
Some community services are currently suspended, these services include:
- Car seat checks
- Bike helmet fitting
Blaine City Hall is Open by Appointment Only
Most city business can still be conducted remotely by contacting staff by email or phone. You can find contact information at BlaineMN.gov/Directory. Have other concerns that would be better addressed in person? Blaine City Hall is now open by appointment only.
Police is available for in-person appointments for:
Please remember that everyone visiting city hall must wear a face mask before entering city hall and at all times while in the building. If you do not have a face mask, the city will provide a disposable one to you.
- Alarm Permit Purchase
- Dog License Purchase
- Evidence Release
- Gun Permits
- Predatory Offender Registration
The Police Department provides law enforcement and public safety services for the benefit of the community. Primary activity examples include:
- Enforcement of state and city laws.
- Investigation and documentation of complaints related to petty misdemeanors, gross misdemeanors, or felonies.
- Preventative patrol.
- Protection of people and property from criminal activity.
- Traffic control and investigation of traffic accidents.
- Administration of crime prevention program.
- Natural disasters.
- Aid to other departments.
- House checks.
- Accidents of all types.
- Medical assistance.
- Park checks.
- Service or aid to the public.
The department maintains a close liaison with other law enforcement agencies throughout the State of Minnesota, Anoka County, and neighboring communities.